How to solve condensation and black mould.
Click above to download your guide on solving condensation at home.
As the season for condensation is among us I thought it a good time to upload our free guide on solving condensation, print it out for your home or tenants.
There can be many complex issues surrounding damp and mould growth within a property including poor construction and poor maintenance, but there are many things tenants or home-owners can do every day to assist in maintaining a healthy environment.
The advice in the two page condensation guide we have provided stands for all properties and is plain simple good housekeeping to limit condensation and mould growth.
- Open Windows and turn on vents when bathing and showering.
- Close bathroom and kitchen doors.
- Put lids on pans when cooking.
- Leave space for air to circulate around furniture.
- Use trickle vents in windows.
- Turn on kitchen extractor when cooking.
- Try and maintain a constant temperature.
- Dry Clothes indoors.
- Seal or block air vents.
- Let the house get too cold at night.
- Use portable gas bottles for heating or
- Use un-vented clothes dryers.
- Have uncovered fish tanks.